Forskolin: Benefits of Forskolin
is a kind of chemical extract which is useful in activating adenylate cyclase. This is a kind of enzyme which helps us to carry on cellular functions. This enzyme is responsible for communications between the cells. The Coleus forskohlii roots are known to be the major source of forskolin and belong to the plant family of mint. It thrives well in temperate, subtropical areas like Thailand, Burma and India.
It has various benefits:
- The supplements containing this product extracts assist in increasing the level of cAMP in the body that can thereby help in memory enhancement and retention and weight loss, especially when used in a CILTEP Stack with Artichoke Extract.
- Presently, it is believed the forskolin has the ability to assist in weight loss without affecting the lean muscles of the body.
- Recent researches have revealed that this medicine helps in promoting changes in the human body composition by considerably decreasing the fat percentage and fat mass and increasing the bone mass of the body.
- However, forskolin doesn’t have any effects of the CNS as other stimulatory hormones. This is because, it entirely bypasses the steps that are related to the harmful side effects on the CNS like restlessness or nervousness. With activation, this chemical gets converted into cAMP which then enhances the levels of HSL (hormone-sensitive lipase) and kinase in the body.
- It is helpful in the treatment of glaucoma. A small study shows that it may help to relieve pressure in the eyes that is often associated with the disease.
- It also helps in improving the heart functions.
- It helps in improving the memory retention.
- It is helpful for you at the time when you are feeling restless and suffering from headaches.
- It helps in boosting metabolic activities.